Tempo Timesheet Team View Available For Everyone

Chris S January 29, 2014

I am trying to make a read only group (jira-executives) within JIRA that will allow all executies to view everything that is going on within JIRA, but not have the ability to change anything. Within Tempo Timesheet, I would like to give them a read only view into the Team view so they can see many hours everyone has allocated at any give time frame. I have added jira-administrators to the 'Tempo Time Tracking' permissions group so they can now see everything relates to Tempo, but they can only see the views "User, Project, Advanced and Issue".

Is ther any way I can give the jira-executives group access to 'Team' view as well?

Thanks,

Chris

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

Tempo Planner might be the better plugin for you but it is very new and a lot of features have not been implemented yet. It is f.x. not yet possible to export data.

You can take a look at the video of a Webinar we hosted https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/JTS/Tempo+Early+Access+Webinarsand see if it answers some of your questions. You can also test in on a JIRA standalone instance, using a trial license and a copy of your database.

We appreciate Feedback and comments and it is also possible to create feature requests in our Tempo Planner project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TP)

0 votes
Chris S January 30, 2014

Susanne,

Tempo Planner does indeed look much closer to what I am looking for. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I will refocus my energies to Tempo Planner now.

Thanks,
Chris

0 votes
Chris S January 30, 2014

Susanne,

I take it you must work for Tempo by the knowledge of thier products that you have?

If this is true, I have a higher level question for you. I am not farmiliar with Tempo Planner since it just came out I believe.

Let's take a step back here and look at all of the Tempo products. I am not looking for a product that keeps track of my exact timesheets. I am looking for a product to help better manage my resources so I know who is working on what at any given time. (I also need to relay this informatin to executives in a read only format) I also I am also looking for a tool to help me project timelines for projects. If I create a list of issues/tasks, I would like to be able to add estimated times to each of them and look a the resources I have available and proejct project completion dates. Is Tempo planner a better fit for this scenario?

Thanks,
Chris

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Hi Chris,

You are correct, Tempo Planner is a better fit for this scenario. We are rolling out features to enable you to vizualise on any level what is happening in the company.

Cheers,

Viðar

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2014

This scenario depends on the version of Tempo timesheets you are using.

In 7.8.x

You can add a group to the "Approve Timesheets" permission for a Team. It looks like you have already a group, jira -executives. You will need to add them to this permission in every team. Go to a Team-> Configuration-> Permissions, and add the group to the permission. (See also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEAMS/Team+Permissions. Note that the Plan permission is only available in Tempo Planner, not in Timesheets)

In 7.7.x and older

Add the group to the Team Leaders permission in Administration-> Add-ons-> Tempo Timesheets, Manage Teams. (See also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Manage+Teams)

Always:

The Edit/ Delete permission of worklogs is done on Project level. (They are JIRA permissions) You need to make sure that none of the users of the jira-executives group has the "Edit All Worklogs" and "Delete All Worklogs" permission for each Project. (See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissionsfor more information)

Hope this helps

0 votes
Chris S January 30, 2014

Hello Susanne,

Thanks for the quick feedback, much appreciated! I do not use Tempo Timesheets for keeping track of all time spend on individual tasks. Rather, I use if for assigning projected time to tasks to help estimate how long it will take to complete proejcts. I also use it for assigning resources (people) to projects so I can better estimate when resources will become available.

Given this scenario, your suggestion may work. How do I give a group access to "Approve Timesheet" so they can see the Team view? Also, will they they be able to edit/delete worklogs? I hope not. I would liek to maek this all a global settign rather than at a per project level.

Thanks,
Chris

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2014

Hi Chris,

this is not available in the current version of Tempo Timesheets but it is on our TODO list. In the current version it is only possible to add a usergroup to the "Approve Timesheet" permission to give them access to the Team timesheets, but this gives them also access to approve them. Editing/ deleting worklogs can then be handled through the Project permissions.

Kind regards

Susanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events