Structure.gantt – How do I filter by "gantt start date" in Structure?

Eric Longoria February 12, 2020

Within Structure.gantt, there is a column named "Gantt Start Date" that can't be accessed via JQL.  Inside my structure, I would like to filter based on "gantt start date" to find all tasks that need to be started before a certain date.  I know that you can't search for "gantt start date" in JQL, but is there any other way (perhaps using column formulas) to filter out things based on either of the "Gantt Start/End Date" columns? Is there a workaround to achieve this inside the Structure itself?  

The effect that I'm trying to achieve is below:

resolution = unresolved and gantt_start_date < '2020-05-01'

1 answer

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2020

Hi Eric,

At the moment, JQL cannot pick up various calculated attributes, but we have plans to introduce such functions. Without those, there are not many options left, but perhaps you can use Wiki Markup to highlight the required issues. It is not as effective as hiding the rows, but may help in your task.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Eric Longoria February 18, 2020

Hello Egor,

Thank you for your reply.  Is there a work around for sorting by 'Gantt Start Date' in Structure.gantt?  Effectively, I just want to sort the column shown here: 

sort.png

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2020

Hi Eric,

There is a problem here, that infinite loop is possible in this scenario, so sorting and grouping have been disabled until the problem can be resolved. There is a trick, but it can trigger the same loop, so I am not sure it is wise to reveal it at the moment publicly. You can theoretically stumble upon it though, so I am just warning that it may make this particular structure in question inoperable until Gantt is disabled and workaround removed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Egor

alexeypegov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

Hi Eric!

Starting from Structure.Gantt 2.4 it should be possible to sort gantt dates by clicking the header of the corresponding column. Please, give it a try.

Best regards,

Alexey

ALM Works

Eric Longoria June 30, 2020

Hello, @alexeypegov

Yes, I have tried sorting by "Gantt Sort Date" and it does function correctly.  Thank you very much for helping !

Like alexeypegov likes this
Hubbitus October 1, 2023

Hello. @Egor Tasa [ALM Works], are there any movements in this direction after 2 years? I also very interesting in filtering by "gantt start/end date". For example, I am looking for filters like "Issues planned for this week".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events