Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Structure.gantt – How do I filter by "gantt start date" in Structure?

Within Structure.gantt, there is a column named "Gantt Start Date" that can't be accessed via JQL.  Inside my structure, I would like to filter based on "gantt start date" to find all tasks that need to be started before a certain date.  I know that you can't search for "gantt start date" in JQL, but is there any other way (perhaps using column formulas) to filter out things based on either of the "Gantt Start/End Date" columns? Is there a workaround to achieve this inside the Structure itself?  

The effect that I'm trying to achieve is below:

resolution = unresolved and gantt_start_date < '2020-05-01'

1 answer

Hi Eric,

At the moment, JQL cannot pick up various calculated attributes, but we have plans to introduce such functions. Without those, there are not many options left, but perhaps you can use Wiki Markup to highlight the required issues. It is not as effective as hiding the rows, but may help in your task.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Hello Egor,

Thank you for your reply.  Is there a work around for sorting by 'Gantt Start Date' in Structure.gantt?  Effectively, I just want to sort the column shown here: 

sort.png

Hi Eric,

There is a problem here, that infinite loop is possible in this scenario, so sorting and grouping have been disabled until the problem can be resolved. There is a trick, but it can trigger the same loop, so I am not sure it is wise to reveal it at the moment publicly. You can theoretically stumble upon it though, so I am just warning that it may make this particular structure in question inoperable until Gantt is disabled and workaround removed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Egor

Hi Eric!

Starting from Structure.Gantt 2.4 it should be possible to sort gantt dates by clicking the header of the corresponding column. Please, give it a try.

Best regards,

Alexey

ALM Works

Hello, @alexeypegov

Yes, I have tried sorting by "Gantt Sort Date" and it does function correctly.  Thank you very much for helping !

Like alexeypegov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

393 views 3 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you