Structure Gantt scheduling overallocating a Team

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2022

I'm experimenting with Structure Gantt for our team and, while it's looking pretty good, it isn't handling allocation like I expect. I set up a "Teams" field like the instructions said and have configured it to have 5 Units capacity and added it to our project's epics. Some of the issues are already started, so I've adjusted their start and estimates to accommodate Structure automation:

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 3.18.56 PM.png

The result is overallocation of the team with a lower ranked issue (this has a Sort by Rank applied):

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 3.33.06 PM.png

IOS-6797 should be scheduled after IOS-4081 when the team load drops? Why is it scheduled to start on Monday, the "start" of this Structure/schedule? 

1 answer

0 votes
David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Hello @Janene Pappas ,

David from ALM Works here.  

Based on what you have described, you will want to review this documentation regarding Resource Leveling.

From the screenshots I gather you are using some combination of Auto and Manual scheduling.  We have some documentation that goes over the key behaviors specific to Stucture.Gantt here, that I believe will be very helpful as you are experimenting.

Please also feel free to contact our support team with any questions you may have!  You can reach us via email suppport@almworks.com or through our customer portal support.almworks.com.

Best,
David

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2022

Thank you for the reply. I am using the Cloud version which I thought did leveling automatically?

David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Hello @Janene Pappas ,

You are very welcome. I should have asked which platform you were using.

Resource Leveling is not automatic on Cloud.  The functionality is not available yet, though it is on our Roadmap.  I added your interest to the related task and will follow-up once it is.

Best,
David

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2022

Hi @David Niro That is unfortunate. This is crucial feature for our team. Any idea on timeline for this in the Cloud version?

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Hi @Janene Pappas , 

I don't have a timeline to share at the moment.  I did add your vote to the task and will follow-up when I do have something to share.

Best,
David

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events