Structure: Formula "Show the last comment made by a user" does not work.

Eusebius Jin May 25, 2022

"Show the last comment made by a user" Sample Code does not work for some users.

Some users work and some don't. results are blank.

What is the cause?

Jira: 8.20.8 / Structure: 8.0.0

Sample URL: https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/structure/7.4/data-center-and-server/sample-formulas-130880846.html

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

Hello @Eusebius Jin ,

David from ALM Works here.

Could you share a bit more about the scenario?  Are the users using the example formula exactly as it is, or modifying it?  If it is being modified, could you please share the exact formula that works for some users but appears blank for others?

Please also feel free to contact our support team directly via email support@almworks.com or customer portal support.almworks.com.

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Eusebius Jin May 25, 2022

Thanks for reply.

I used the sample formula without modify.

comments.FILTER($.author = "UserID").UMAX_BY($.created)
This will make it blank .

But, when using JQL, displayed lastcomment.
IF JQL{
issueFunction in lastComment("by UserID")} : Lastcomment

Please let me know if you need any information.
I will contact you by email.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2022

Hello @Eusebius Jin ,

Just to make sure I'm clear. Where you have "UserID" in the formula above; you are entering the actual user ID, right?  Something like JIRAUSER55512 ?

I've tested and the formula is working for me.  Please do reach out to our support team and we can help troubleshoot what may be happening in your scenario.

Best,
David

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events