Show dependencies on Easy Agile Story map

Phil Borgnes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2017

Is there a way to show dependencies, ideally visual links, between stories?

Or at least indicate if there is a dependency? 

2 answers

1 vote
Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2024

We've now added dependency lines to the User story map! This visualises issue links between the cards to help you see how work connects. More information about this update is available here

Dependencies on user story map, including external.png

The app has also been renamed from “Easy Agile User Story Maps” to “Easy Agile TeamRhythm”. It now includes a Retrospective page in addition to the User Story Map. More information about the new Retrospective of the app is available in our documentation here.

This is available now for the app on Jira Cloud, and from version 13.0.0 of Easy Agile TeamRhythm for Jira Data Center. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback on the new functionality! 

Kind regards,
Henri, Support Engineer @ Easy Agile

0 votes
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

Hi Phil, thanks for reaching out.

At present we do not have the functionality available to map dependancies. This is something that we are currently exploring how to best implement. One of our ideas is to include the ability to link issues via a string, as in the image below.

Would you like to be able to link dependencies on the story map? Or, would you prefer to just have a visual representation of existing dependencies?

Regards,

Seamus

Easy Agile Support Team

Jeroen Vis November 6, 2018

That's exactly what I am looking for!

Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi Jeroen and Phil,

We have just released the beta for Easy Agile Programs, our new app that contains this functionality. It would be fantastic if you could try it our and send any feedback you have to us at support@easyagile.com

Thanks!

Seamus Kieran

Easy Agile Support Team

Jeroen Vis December 17, 2018

Hello Seamus,

I really want to try this, but we have a cloud instance of Jira and it looks like it's not available for cloud. Do you have any plans to publish the beta for a cloud instance?

Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

Hi Jeroen,

Unfortunately not at this stage due to various API limitations, and it being a new app. If we ever release a cloud version I will be sure to contact you.

Sorry for the disappointing answer, thanks for all your feedback Jeroen.

Kind Regards,

Seamus

Easy Agile Support Team

Phlip Borgnes December 19, 2018

Like Jerome I need to have a cloud version now. 

Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2018

I've added this to our backlog and we will start looking into the possibility in the new year.

Thanks Philip and Jeroen.

Rupesh Dhimal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2020

Hi Atlassian community- Any good news on this feature for cloud version? 

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2020
Like Teagan likes this
Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2020

Hi @Rupesh Dhimal @Phlip Borgnes and @Jeroen Vis 

My name is Teagan and I am a Product Manager at Easy Agile - Marketplace vendor of Easy Agile Programs

@Ste Wright is correct! We released the Cloud version of Easy Agile Programs to the Atlassian Marketplace at the end of 2019. Apologies for not reaching out to you on this post sooner and a big thanks to Stephen for the update and keeping you all in the loop. 

Please feel free to reach out anytime via Community or directly via support@easyagile.com if you have any feedback or questions - the team would love to hear it! 

Teagan Harbridge 
Product Manager - Easy Agile 

Eric Anderson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 25, 2021

I have installed both User Story Maps and Agile Programs.  Is there a way to visualize the dependencies from Agile Programs inside of User Story Maps?  I'd rather not toggle between the two views.

Like lucas.manoukian likes this
Teagan
Marketplace Partner
June 28, 2021

Hi @Eric Anderson

My name is Teagan and I am the Product Manager of Easy Agile User Story Maps. 

There is no way to visualise dependencies in Easy Agile User Story Maps today. I have added your vote to the story on our backlog and someone from our team will reach out to you when we have more information on timing. 

Until then, I'm eager to learn more about your use case for using both Programs and Story Maps and wanting to visualise your dependencies in both apps. 

Would you be available for a 30 minute call for me to learn more? You can find my availabilities here.

Thanks Eric, looking forward to hopefully speaking with you soon

Teagan Harbridge 
Product Manager - Easy Agile 

lucas.manoukian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 24, 2021

That feature would be awesome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events