Set up Holidays into JIRA Structure Gantt

Amedeo July 7, 2022

Hello,

I would try to include in my Gantt Chart of the structure I manage the Company Holidays in order to have a visibility of the closing days into the Gantt.

Is there this possibility?

Thank you in advance

Amedeo

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Hello @Amedeo ,

David from ALM Works here. 

It is possible to add exceptions to the calendars used for Structure.Gantt.  Please review our Calendars documentation and let me know if you have any specific questions!

Best Regards,
David

Amedeo July 7, 2022

Hello @David Niro ,

thank you for the reply. If I well understood I need to have JIRA Admin permission to set up a custom calendar, right?

Because I have only Jira Project Admin permission and I don't know how I can use the JSON rule described in the link you shared.

Is there any other possibility?

Thank you

BR,

Amedeo

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2022

Hello @Amedeo ,

You are very welcome.  That is correct, in order to edit or create new calendars, you will need Jira Admin permissions.

At the moment, this is the only way.  We do have a task related to adding a user interface for editing and creating work calendars for Structure.Gantt.  I have added your vote.

If there any updates to share, I will follow-up with you here.

Best,
David

Amedeo July 8, 2022

Hello @David Niro ,

ok, thank you for the reply.

Please let me know if there will be any updates.

Regards,

Amedeo

Bill Wohler December 9, 2022

Hi David, the documentation shows that a year is required and that there isn't a repeat. This means that I'd have to update the holiday calendar every year. Is that correct?

It would be nice if the holiday's could be entered either without a year or with repeats like they are in other calendars such as every January 1, first Tuesday of November and so on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events