Scrum Rapid Board - auto assign on transition doesn't appear to be working?

Prem Mariappan April 28, 2012

Hi,

I was unable to transition some story cards from "To Do" to "In Progress", but was able to move all directly to "Done". After comparing stories that I could transition to "In Progress" with those I couldn't it became clear that those stories were unassigned.

I've checked the following field in GreenHopper's global settings:

<input id="autoOn" style="vertical-align: baseline; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;" type="checkbox" checked="checked"/> <label for="autoOn">Auto assign - Enable the auto assign on card transition in the TaskBoard</label>

But it appears that it doesn't have any effect in the Rapid Board (but does work in GH's Task Board).

Is it meant to work?

Thanks.

Prem.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2012

Hi Prem,

At the moment this feature is not implemented on the Rapid Board, it's something we'd like to tackle in the future however.

Thanks,
Shaun

Prem Mariappan April 28, 2012

Thanks for your quick response Shaun. No worries, not a big drama to work around.

0 votes
N. Driessen August 22, 2012

You can just update your workflow, add a post function on the transitions "auto assign to current user". This will work everywhere in JIRA that way, not just on a rapidboard. In my opinion this is the better implementation for this anyway, as you want consistent behaviour whatever way a user is using...

TJ Baker July 26, 2013

Thanks for the tip. Wil this not affect when transitioning back to 'Reopened', though? If a manager were to move something that someone resolved too soon, for instance, we'd not want the manager who moved it to Reopened to be assigned the ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events