Scripted Field not showing in Dashboard

Matz Persson July 12, 2021

Just added a trial for ScriptRunner for Jira and created a basic Scripted Field for ALL Projects. This scripts tests successfully and saves.

However, the field is not showing in any of the Gadgets in Jira Dashboards regardless of which location I attribute it to. I was hoping to see it in Filtered Results gadget.

If I assign it to SideBar location, it does show up in Scripted Fields in Jira Filters and works properly but not in Dashboards

I am using Jira Cloud

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Most gadgets can only display certain types of field.  I know you're thinking of a scripted field as its own type, but it is worth looking at exactly how the field looks to Jira.

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields, and look for your field.  What does it say in the "type" column?

Matz Persson July 13, 2021

I can not find the Scripted Fields in the Custom Fields under Issues. I have created two Text Scripted Fields, one in each location (Issue Sidebar and Issue Content. Neither shows in Custom Fields or Dashboard.

As mentioned above, the Side Bar in any given Filter does show the Scripted fields for each task but not in Dashboard.

I have also configured these field to be visible for all Issue Types to ensure it is not a problem with mixed types in a filter but no luck. Not sure what I am missing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Ah, ok, Scripted fields of this type are not real fields in Jira - they do not display in the issue navigator, dashboards and other places.  They are mostly limited to the direct view of an issue.

Matz Persson July 14, 2021

ok, no worries. I am trying to create a field that calculates the percentage of sub tickets Resolved to get some sort of progress indication. Is there any other way that I can use ScriptRunner in a dashboard to achieve this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

Yes, change the stance slightly.  Instead of a scripted field, create a standard off-the-shelf Jira custom field of the right type, and populate that with a post-function or listener script.  You can steal 95% of the scripted field script you have already to cover the logic!

Vincent (Smartview) February 9, 2022

I do my first steps with SR on Cloud, after many years with SR on Server.

Oh surprise, Scriptfields are not displayed in Issue Navigator !

Solution based on Post-Function or Listener is not able to cover all cases.

Exemple, if we have to render a field based on a RemoteLink, since it is not an Event caught  (only IssueLinkDeleted and IssueLinkCreated are available), the only solution seems to be a periodic job.

Its confirm my miss of interest for moving to Cloud.

V.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events