Requirements Management - what can you share?

Ania Bodeit May 25, 2022

Hi,

Do you use JIRA for Requirements Management and/or Systems Engineering?

How do you use it?

Which flavour/config of JIRA do you use?

What issues/problems/short-commings have you faced so far?

What else can you share?

Thank you,

Ania

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Ania Bodeit 

I am an Atlassian consultant and also the product owner for Jira Snapshots for Confluence .

I work extensively with organisations who manage requirements and traceability in Jira and Conflunece. As @Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti] said, Jira- out of the box- is not ready for it. One approach would be to use the app he mentioned. Another approach involves leveraging more of what Jira provides (customer issue types and links) and a set of Apps from the marketplace.
Here is a link to few articles from me on how to achieve it: RadBee blog: requirements management in Jira & Confluence ,
And here is a webinar on the topic: How to manage traceability in Jira & Confluence 

I hope this helps,

Rina

Ania Bodeit May 30, 2022

Hi Rina,

Thanks.  I will definitely check out the webinar topic (as well as the other things you mention).  Thank you,

Ania

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jarosław Solecki [Deviniti]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

Hi @Ania Bodeit ,

there are a few problems you will face managing Requirements in Jira:
- Baselines (currently only workaround available for that)
- Structuring requirements

- Traceability 

- Reporting

- Approval Process (if you work in some regulated industry)

You can check plugins for requirements that are already solving some of that problems. 
I can suggest checking Requirements and Test Management for Jira which is developed by my team. 

In case of any questions let me know. 

Best regards, 
Jarek

Ania Bodeit May 30, 2022

Hi Jarek,

Thanks heaps.  That's a great answer - helps me a lot.

Thank you,

Ania

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events