Request to restrict Gantt access to read/write/none

petrsorfa March 10, 2014

Would be nice for admin capabilities to the Gantt chart to prevent users from either seeing or changing the chart.

4 answers

0 votes
g4ladmin August 26, 2014

Perfect, thank you very much.

I don't know if this is the best place to write this type of "requests"/issues or you prefer another independent ticket, but I will end here:

The best behavior would be to allow two types of permissions:
- user/views : only view projects or gantt charts for specific users
- devs/modifiable : allow change gantt charts

In case this is not possible (maybe because some limitation of the addons) I would restrict to use gantt charts only to the administrator (it is not good that any user can see any other project/ticket, who is working on what, and even modify workmates' tasks).

I really like that this a free plugin, and because of that, I would like to know if there is any possibility to contribute (donations?) or help in the development.

0 votes
g4ladmin August 26, 2014

I cannot see that it respect the project permissions. I can see that "atlassian-addons-project-access" has Gantt Cloud user (permissions/roles in a specific project), and any user in Jira can see every ticket/project under Gantt Projects. The only way for me to forbid this is to remove the user Gantt Cloud, but also the administrator does not see it under Gantt Projects.

How can I forbid Gantt project/issue view and/or modification for users?

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

Hi Raul,

You brought an interesting point. I will contact with Atlassian Team and try to address that.

0 votes
petrsorfa March 10, 2014

Correct. That's what I was thinking, that you would create a new permission scheme specifically for the way users interact with the gantt chart.

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

Hi Petr, standard Jira permissions and roles are in effect when using Gantt OnDemand, therefore, user won't see any project or issues that are restricted. However, I agree that in some cases an extra permission scheme would be a nice to have, for example, to prevent changing the start dates. I will take that as a feature request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events