Report - Number of issues created weekly over a specific period

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

I am trying to build a report that will show me the average number of issues opened per week over the course of a date range.

For a complete year, I can do total (total issue count / 52 weeks), however life is not that easy. :)

I need to do (total issue count / (number of weeks between Oct 8 2018 and Dec 31 2018) which I could figure manually, but my reports tool should be able to generate my report without my outside math. :)

And then I also need to do (total issue count / (number of weeks YTD). Since the number of weeks are constantly changing in this one, I cannot hard code a value.

Everything I am finding is showing averages for durations between date fields on an issue, like average age or average time in status, but my divisor in this case is the number of weeks in the range, and I can’t find any examples, posts, or articles that even seem to hint at this, and nothing I can find is producing results that are anywhere near realistic.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

UPDATE:

Finally got it through a LOT of trial and error lol.

CASE
WHEN
DateBetween([Time].[Year].CurrentHierarchyMember.CurrentMember.Name,'2018','2018')
THEN
Avg( LastPeriods(12, [Time.Weekly].[Week].DateMember('2018-12-30')), CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issues created],0))
WHEN
DateBetween([Time.Weekly].[Year].CurrentHierarchyMember.Name,'2018-12-31','2019-12-31')
THEN
(Avg(LastPeriods(12, [Time.Weekly].[Week].DateMember(Now())), CoalesceEmpty([Measures].[Issues created],0)))
END
Kiernan Sleep February 9, 2022

Well done : )

Forgive my technical ignorance, but how do I use what you pasted above to generate the report?

Any help/insights are much appreciated,

Kiernan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events