Remove Zephyr from non-test projects?

Thomas Jefferies September 19, 2012

We've purchased and installed Zephyr for JIRA, but now it has added the "Tests" drop down to all of the projects across the entire organization. I've dug through all of the configuration areas for Zephyr for JIRA and cannot seem to find a way to make this only appear on specific projects. Is there a way to remove the Tests drop down from all of the projects and only have it appear on projects that we choose?

29 answers

14 votes
Dave Robertson May 1, 2016

Its 2016 and this is still a problem... We used the trial and found this was a blocker to fully rolling out Zephyr. You just lost a customer because of this issue.

Michael Poijes March 25, 2021

Now its 2021 and its still a problem!!!

This is where you should vote for this change: 
https://z4j-cloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/Z4J-I-114

3 votes
Katharina Rubina October 17, 2019

Hello together,

in Zephyr for Jira version 4.0.6.4 it is possible to remove the menue from the sidebar.

With admin-access:
>Add-ons>Zephyr for Jira>General Configuration>Zephyr Testmenue>Disabling Zephyr Test Section On Project

Zephyr.PNG

V T July 8, 2020

In version of Cloud JIRA in app settings there's a setting

Zephyr project menu enable configurations
> Select the projects to disable Zephyr Menu

Adding a project as exclusion removes the links

3 votes
Alaa Elagha December 5, 2018

This actually sucks. We turned on 3rd party plugin for test cases management, and now a bunch of test related tasks show up in the sidebar. How difficult is it to disable this behaviour? come on guys... 6yrs?

Phill December 5, 2018

Totally. Even more jarring with the new simplified "Next Gen" Jira projects. Fix, fix, fix

Like Michael Poijes likes this
2 votes
Antonius Momac November 30, 2018

Still a problem. Voting for this to be fixed. Please please please.

2 votes
Casey Shew November 29, 2018

Another vote this really needs to be fixed.

Antonius Momac November 30, 2018

Agreed.  I wish I could up vote a million times. 

Darryl Staflund January 16, 2019

We're about to install Zephyr 4 for Jira in production and we found in testing that if you remove users from 'zephyr-testers' group and check 'Enable Zephyr Permission Scheme' in Zephyr's admin menu, then the menu will only appear to users within that group.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Dustin Alan October 19, 2017

Wow, is this still a thing? Even a JS or some kind of CSS hack, come on Atlassian put down the pow wow and build some features would ya. 

2 votes
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2017

Another vote for this one. Our users in non-test projects keep asking me what "Test View" is on their boards.

2 votes
Paras Choudhary August 1, 2016

We used it for some time, but now once you deactivate it, it still uses one license, and there is no way to remove from JIRA system.

2 votes
Yvan Le Texier October 20, 2015

A 3 years old required feature and still not implemented. It's for sure a basic one.

That reminds me some 10 year old issues still opened on Altassian JIRA with thousand of comments and users waiting for functionnalities.

Could you please add this to the next release  ? or the marketing lobbying is too High ?

We easily understand that having this Test menu available everywhere will allow users in all projects to use Zephyr for JIRA even if they do not need it.
Once this acquired it's quite difficult to disable the plugin or even think to change for an alternative ...

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2015

Hi Yvan, Thanks for the addition to the feature request. I have added your endorsement to the existing request item our product team is tracking. It has certainly been awhile since the request was made we have not forgotten it and the more users who request it, the more spotlight it will get in our reviews.

Catherine Bertolosso February 23, 2016

Hi

Do you have some news about this request?

If we have another test plugin on the server, we would like to enable one plugin or another one and today it's impossible as Zephyr is not manageable project per project.

Where will it be available?

dschiff January 5, 2017

Is there any update, it has been 11 mo

Alaa Elagha January 22, 2019

you mean 7 years since the original post in 2012?

Henrik Gehrmann February 15, 2019

Wow!

stefano_gregori July 10, 2019

Could you please count another user to the feature requestor number?

This is super annoying especially with the Service Desk projects

As a Jira Project Administrator I want to switch ON/OFF Zephyr capability for a Given Project so that I my users will not be confused from a feature not relevant to the Project Scope

Possible Viable Solution: 

- Configure this in the Project Settings

- Configure on the Zephyr for Jira (CLoud) Admin Panel

2 votes
Ivan Lebedko September 10, 2014

Hello everyone,

This question is also important for our company.

Not all project are intersected to see this tests menu bar and have additional settings in the projects.

I appreciate for any help with this.

Environment: JIRA 6.2.3 + Zephyr 2.5.1

Thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Ivan Lebedko

2 votes
Sven [Dione Technology]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

Hi,

We need to hide this button menu for non zephyr user...

Do you have a javascript workaround ?

Regards,

Sven.

2 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

Hi KP11,

This functionality didn't make it into Zephyr for JIRA 2.0. It is still in consideration for a future build.

Kind Regards,

Chris

2 votes
Qasim Azhar October 8, 2013

Same with us, we are also exposing one of the projects as a support/helpdesk to our customers and having Zephyr show up on tab is super confusing.

2 votes
gmann September 15, 2013

I would be very interested in this too, as we currently use Jira as a helpdesk and we dont want customers to access the Zephyr tab

1 vote
Phill October 14, 2019

OMG, did something change? XD

1 vote
Daniel Ketabchi March 28, 2019

Could you please just fix this? Thanks.

1 vote
Anders Timsjö November 7, 2018

Still a problem. Voting for this to be fixed.

1 vote
Deleted user October 21, 2018

+1 this is lame. You guys should fix this. 

1 vote
QA McCann May 16, 2018

So I'm guessing from seeing the comments here that this has been a request plenty of times before and never become available as an option. It feels like it's a pretty fundamental requirement so can we get any indication on whether this is being considered please - the answer we're looking for is "yes" :)

1 vote
Andrew Whelan April 23, 2018

We're also very keen to see this configuration option added - seems like it should be pretty simple and has been open for 5+ years.

1 vote
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2012

Hi Thomas,

Currenlty the Tests menu is added globally and isn't specific to projects. I will add it to our feature request list to be able to limit it only selected projects.

Kind Regards,

Chris

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2013

What will it take to get this into their next (upcoming). As this is a deal breaker in our evaluation

JMcDonnell June 30, 2016

JIRA permissions are largely defined at project level. Most add ons can be switched on/off at a project level or at least add/amend/delete at a project level. This is the sole reason we did not sign up. Otherwise looks promising. Looking at Test Rail.  

0 votes
0 votes
Tom Hawkins January 21, 2021

+1 for getting this fixed please @Zephyr_Admin @Zephyr QA  @Daniel @Chris Miller ! Also interested in a means to hide the menu options in the server version for single project WITHOUT Enable Zephyr Permission Scheme, surprised it still shows in projects where Zephyr Test isn't an allowed issue type AND that you can't choose to hide it. 

Thanks, Tom 

0 votes
Samir Doshi September 25, 2019

Hello Zephyr/Jira Team,

We are using license version of Zephyr and facing same issue. 

We have to hide Test menu from few projects and service desk also.

So we would like to know that is fix now or not? 

Our Zephyr version: 5.2.2.52208185

Jira: v8.3.2

Looking forward for positive feedback

0 votes
Craig Barron September 3, 2019

Potentially futile attempt to see if adding a comment help to further this request on works.
Understand there are probably strategic objectives to be working on... But the effort to remove this from the sidebar already exists in other add-on apps.

COME ON!!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events