Relocating dynamic fields in the customer portal

jmclarke February 2, 2022

Apologies if this is a basic question but I have just started using the 'Extension for Jira Service Desk' app by Deviniti and creating dynamic fields that appear when certain values are set in the customer portal.

My question relates to moving the created fields to the top of the customer form. It appears by default the fields are added to the bottom of the form and I was wondering if it's possible to move them higher so the customer is forced to select them first, rather than last.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @jmclarke ,

my approach was to make all the fields in the request dynamic (except for the Summary as it is mandatory and cannot be removed from the request type, so it is always first in the form) and then change the order of the fields in the app.

jmclarke February 3, 2022

@Hana Kučerová  - Thanks for responding. I did think of that solution myself but was hoping there'd be an easier way.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

@Hi @jmclarke ,

I don't think any other way is possible, because the app cannot interfere with the original request form and the fields needs to always be added to the end of the form.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events