Quick Subtasks: Inheriting fixversion no longer working under JIRA 7

Nathan Clement January 24, 2016

We use the Quick Subtasks plugin to automatically create a security review subtask at a certain point in our release approval workflow.  We use the following configuration for the Quick Subtasks plugin:

- Security Review - @{summary} / description:"Perform a security review for this release" assignee:"@inherit" fixversion:"@inherit"

This was working fine in JIRA 6.4, but since upgrading to 7.0.2, the screen freezes when a user performs the transition that creates the subtask.  I found that removing fixversion:"@inherit" stops the workflow freezing, but it also means that the fix version isn't set correctly on the sub task.

We have had issues with other systems that integration with JIRA and use the fix version field, so I'm wondering if something changed in JIRA 7.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nathan Clement March 23, 2016

We believe that this issue was caused by using MS SQL Server but having READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT set to OFF.  We changed this to ON as per Connecting JIRA applications to SQL Server 2012 and the issue appears to be resolved.

1 vote
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

@Nathan Clement Hi, I have created a new issue in the project's issue tracker. Please feel free to vote, follow or comment on the issue here: 

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues/257/quick-subtasks-inheriting-fixversion-no

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events