Project Migration Jira

Eriau April 20, 2021

Hi all,

I am currently trying to migrate a project from an instance without Jira Software to an instance with Jira Software, and I encounter the following error :

The backup project 'xxxxx' requires custom field named 'Epic Color' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color'. In the current instance of Jira the plugin is at version '8.5.0-DAILY20190920183006', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.

I have this error with a lot of custom fields and I'm wondering, does this mean I need to have Jira Software on the instance that I export project from ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

@Eriau Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It looks like you have an app on the instance you are trying to migrate from that is not on the new instance.  Thus when it tries to create a new custom field it cannot because that type does not exist.  Can you confirm that the apps on the two instances match?

Eriau September 22, 2021

Hey,

It was indeed the problem so we went with .csv exports.

Thank you for your answer !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events