Powered by Automated release notes for Jira

Silvio Keller December 15, 2022

I have installed a frial trial of the plugin "automated release notes for jira".  On the pdf on the bottom there is a info "Powered by Automated release notes for Jira" Is this something that when the plugin is purchased, it will no longer be displayed there?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

@Silvio Keller hi, this is Anand from Team Amoeboids. We are the developers behind 'Automated release notes app for Jira'. 

First of all, thank you for your interest in the app. There are two variants of the app on Jira cloud - Free & Paid. If you are on the Free version, then it does not allow you to get rid of this 'ARN branding'. However, if you are on the paid version of the app - even if you are still evaluating it - you should be able to get rid of this from within ARN's template. Within ARN templates, there will be a check box saying 'ARN branding' uncheck it & save the template. That should do the trick.

Hope that helps.
Do let us know if you need any other help.

Best,
Anand

Hugo Moraes Neto May 18, 2023

Hello, I'm very happy with the features that your tool provides, it makes my daily routine much easier. I'm currently in the trial period of the paid version and I wanted to know if another type of integration is on your roadmap, specifically with Slack, so that we can inform a webhook and automatically post to a channel on Slack. I'm eagerly waiting for any updates.

Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Hugo Moraes Neto

Thank you for your comment. We are so happy to hear that ARN is making daily routine easier. 

A deeper Slack integration is being currently worked on & will be available towards end of the next month. But even now, you should be able to send information from ARN to a webhook for a channel in Slack. For that, you will have to use the POST action available in ARN rules. You will need content in JSON or Markdown format for that to work in Slack & thus you will have to create a JSON/Markdown template in ARN that matches the structure expected by Slack. Just make sure to use variables at appropriate places in that JSON/Markdown template so that they get replaced by actual values.

For example, check the code snippet below.

{
  "blocks": [{
    "type": "section",
    "text": {
      "type": "mrkdwn",
      "text": "App *[versionName]* has just been released."
    }
  }]
}

Unfortunately, with the above approach one cannot iterate on all the issues included within ARN's JQL sections - but that will get addressed in a few weeks time.

Hope that helps.
Please let us know if there are any other questions.

And yes - if ARN is truly adding value to your work, we would love to see your review on the app :)

Best,
Anand

Like Hugo Moraes Neto likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events