PocketQuery cannot connect to MySQL server

Ben November 11, 2014

Hello, I'm new to Confluence. PocketQuery looks like the exact solution I need to be able to incorporate our external data with Confluence, but I cannot get it to connect to our MySQL server.

MySQL platform: Windows Server 2012
MySQL version: 5.6
MySQL port: 3306 (default) 

The PocketQuery server entry looks like this:
URL: jdbc:mysql://192.0.0.277/parts_database
Driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

The username and password are correct, but I receive the following error:

I cannot connect to this database. For inspection, add a logging entry with level debug and class "de.scandio.confluence.plugins.pocketquery.util.LogUtil" at Confluence Admin => "Logging and Profiling". PocketQuery will then log information to atlassian-confluence.log.

I do not know anything about JDBC and cannot find much information about how to enable it on my MySQL server, or if I even need to do that.

Thanks for reading! 

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Hey, i had the same problem like you.

First try this: 

jdbc:mysql://192.0.0.277:3306/parts_database

Let me tell you my problem and my solution solution:

1. For inspection, add a logging entry with level debug and class"de.scandio.confluence.plugins.pocketquery.util.LogUtil"at Confluence Admin => "Logging and Profiling"
    1. Go to Logging and Profiling in your confluence administration - its quite at the bottom
    2. de.scandio.confluence.plugins.pocketquery.util.LogUtil and select debug 
  2. Go to your atlassianlog - you should find it as descripted here
  3. Serach for "pocketquery" and scip through the logs and try to find the exception
  4. For me the issue was that "Class Not Found Exception : com.jdbc.mysql.Driver" 
  5. Got to the MySQL website download the driver and put it into your confluence lib files

If you need more help, copie your log files here in a code makro pls. Also when my hole solution didn´t fit for you or you need more lead, like pictured instructions smile

Hope this helps

Best regards

J.D.

1 vote
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

Thank you J D! I updated our documentation with the port part in the MySQL URL and the driver requirement.

Ben November 12, 2014

Excellent, thanks for doing that, it would have helped me at the time :P One suggestions is that you do not actually have to restart the server, just the Confluence process.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

Yeah, by that I actually meant Confluence. I'll change this too ;). Would you consider to leave a review at the marketplace if you like PocketQuery?

0 votes
Ben November 11, 2014

Hello, thanks for the response! I have followed your steps but still receive the error, but my log file has stopped updating!

I installed the mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar to the folder /opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib per this website's instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Database+Setup+For+MySQL

The file I downloaded was from this page, I selected the "platform independent" option: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/

The log file has not updated in hours, the last line says this:

2014-11-11 11:41:13,237 DEBUG [http-bio-8090-exec-67] [atlassian.confluence.logging.ConfluenceHomeLogAppender] shutdown closing appender

How can I re-enable logging?

Update:
I got it working! I had to reboot the confluence process (sudo ./start-confluence.sh restart) in order for it to work. Seems like we are good.

Thank you for your help, JD! 

J D
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2014

I´m glad you did it. For me it took at least one or two hours to find all components to make this work. :D In the end it looks like the easiest thing xD I help where i can :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events