Object mapping with CSV not updating records

Alyxander VanHelsing May 26, 2022

I have inherited the admin for Insight at my company.  Not too many issues so far, but we have begun, in earnest, to require updating our Insight records to reflect real-time changes in inventory.  For this, I am having to import data from a CSV on a regular basis (I know I can automate this but have to get it working first :) ).  I can get almost all of the fields to update on existing records, but am having an issue with a couple of them.  Below are shots of how I have the information set up for import as well as how the objects are set up.

Insight_import_setup.pngInsight_object_list.png

The 3 fields that will not update are End User, Monitor1, and Monitor2.  End User is simply a text field (no lookup or relationships).  Monitor1 and Monitor2 are both a reference to the Monitor object (where all the monitors are that are being referenced by the entries on the PC objects).  The key is set to serial number.  When I run the import, all fields update except for those 3 and no errors are thrown.  It will simply remove anything that is already existent in any of those 3 fields and not update with the current information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events