Not able to add a preconditions to the test cases in XRay Cloud

Madhuri July 8, 2020

We are using Xray Cloud, we uploaded test cases using test case importer default in XRay. Now when we are trying to add a precondition to the test cases it is displaying as "Preconditions were not added to the Test because the precondition did not match that of the test"

Can some one help us to add a pre condition to test cases?

Attaching Screenshot

Thanks for the help in advance!!XRay PreCondition issue.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2020

Hi @Madhuri

The Test Type and the Pre-Condition type match? In order to be able to link them, both have to be of the same type.

For more information, please contact us through our service desk.

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Madhuri July 10, 2020

@José Domingues [Xray]  

It worked.

Thank You for the help!!

I have another query, is there any way to add a precondition to the test case while exporting the test cases?

I really had a hard time to add preconditions to the test cases manually after exporting them.

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2020

Hi @Madhuri

One way for you to add a precondition to the test case is through REST API, more specifically, GraphQL API. Using the addpreconditionstotest mutation, you'll be able to do that operation.

Best Regards,

Team Xray 

Like Madhuri likes this
0 votes
Sonika Sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2023

@José Domingues [Xray] I am getting this error while importing the test cases from a CSV file. Could you please help here? Thanks.

Untitled.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events