No field to enter Due Date when creating new issue in MS Teams thru Jira Cloud

Stuart May 5, 2020

When the Due Date is set to a required field I'm unable to create a new issue using the Jira Cloud App in MS Teams. The Due Date is not a field available to populate and therefore I get the error message {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"duedate":"Due date is required."}}

When I configure the Due Date field to optional, then it works but I need to keep it as required as most of the issues are currently created in Jira itself.

Jira Cloud MS Teams Due Date Issue.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

Hi Stuart - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here is a note from the Jira Teams Cloud Integration documentation:

"NOTE!!! JIRA issue creation form contains only standard set of fields (Project, Issue Type, Summary, Description, Priority, Assignee). In case there is any REQUIRED field on create issue screen, that does not belong to the list of predefined fields mentioned above, it will not be possible to create JIRA issue within Tab and the following error will appear: “(field name) is required”

So if Due Date is required on your form, I am afraid you will not be able to create issues from Teams.

Stuart May 6, 2020

Thanks John for confirming! Stuart

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

Glad I could help!

Shashank Sreedhar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2021

Feature request for the same can be tracked here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-77876

Manja Vogel-Kautz January 3, 2022

Hi, I've now voted on the issue. Hope this comes soon since it's blocking our path with some projects which feature mandatory fields.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2020

Hi 

Welcome to the community.

Can you make sure that the Due Date field is on the create screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events