Need two different ids for Issue and subtask in the same project.

SANJEEV DAMERA December 16, 2012

I want to create issue and sub task. But i need 2 different ids for the created issue and subtask. If the project key is JST then ids for the created issue and subtask would be JST-1 and JST-2. But i need the subtask to have different id i.e (say ABC-2). Is there any way of doing this. One solution could be using 2 different projects which we do not need. Is there any better solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

nope.

cause a sub-ticket automatically uses its parent issue Key..

you can not have an Issue like "ABC-123" and add a sub-task "CDE-456"...

i think you may try using Issue Linking if your idea was to setup issue relations cross projects like..

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

yours sounds better nic...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2012

I'd phrase that slightly differently - a sub-ticket is simply an issue in the same project as it's parent (with a link to it's parent to show the relationship between them). A project can only have one key. Hence, no, because you'd need the issue to be in a different project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events