My toggl integration is not working propertly

ericmaicon April 27, 2015

Hello.

Where I work, we installed a hosted version of JIRA to be able to use the integration toggl plugin. I configured everything:

• the project from toggl = project from JIRA.
  • Each developer puts their API key.

It is working, the plugin is logging all time inside the "Log Work" tab. The problem is that some time are not logged with the correct time in toggl.

Check these images:

Captura de Tela 2015-04-27 às 09.29.43.png

Captura de Tela 2015-04-27 às 09.29.36.png

What should I do?

1 answer

1 vote
Deleted user April 27, 2015

Hi Eric

I'm sorry that it does not work for you after taking all the effort and installing jira. It's hard to say why it does not work correctly for you without further investigation, it certainly works for us and others.

One thing that can happen is, that your users delete time entries in toggl, the corresponding worklog entries will then not be deleted in JIRA. I assume that because the worklog entries in the screen shot are very short. Maybe your user starts tracking and then after 2-3 minutes realizes that she has to work on something different and just deletes the entry in toggl.

Another problem we had in the past was a JIRA workflow definition that made the Issue read only after it was closed. Joggler could then no longer update the worklog entries.

If you want to help debug this have a look in the log files. Every 5 minutes the joggler time synchronizer kicks in. If there are any errors it would log it to the log file. 

Regards

Benno

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events