Message Custom Field (for edit) breaks move issues between projects

Javier Velasco Jimenez August 23, 2022

Hello everybody,

When I try to move an issue from one project to another, it is not letting me due to the following error.

image.png

After investigating we found that this error is caused by the jira-toolkit add-on because when we disable it stops it from happening.

We only use this addon for the Message Custom Field (for edit) but we cannot disable the addon since these fields are of vital importance for the use of our application.

Does anyone have a possible solution or alternative to this problem, either by using some other add-on or developing some code to imitate the operation of these fields?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Do your message fields exist in both source and target projects?  I can replicate this problem when they only exist in one project.

If it's not that, then all I can suggest is that you disable the plugin for a minute while you move the issues.  This shouldn't be too onerous, as you'll only need to do it when you're doing a housekeeping session, or moving the rare issue that's been created in the wrong place by mistake.

Javier Velasco Jimenez August 24, 2022

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

We have been able to fix the problem

Like you said, the problem was due to the fact that although we did not use the Message Custom Field (for edit) in any of the screens of the projects that intervene in the action of moving issues, one of these fields had a context configured for one of the projects.

Adding the other project also in the context of said field solves the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events