Looking to send a ticket's assignee into a linked ticket's custom field

sergio.peschiera March 30, 2022

Hello all!

Whenever a ticket is assigned, I want to a particular ticket's assignee be stored into a linked ticket's custom field. So far, I have set something which sort of works, but it takes the linked ticket's assignee instead of the trigger ticket's.

This is the query but I need to make it refer to the triggerissue somehow (I tried adding 'triggerissue.' prior to the text but it didn't work. Can you please guide me through? My knowledge in JSON is also limited :)

{
"update": {
"customfield_23984": [{
"add": {{assignee.accountId.asJsonObject("id")}}
}]
}

}

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @sergio.peschiera welcome on the community. Can you share the screenshots of your automation configuration please? I will try to test it...

sergio.peschiera March 30, 2022

absolutely, adding now. and thanks!

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Cool, I just checked the documentation and {{triggerIssue}} smart value should exist. Can you try to use following smart value?

•  {{ triggerIssue.assignee.accountId.asJsonObject("id") }}
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2022

Hi @sergio.peschiera did you have any chance to check if it works?

sergio.peschiera April 1, 2022

it did, thanks Martin!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events