Looking for a way to use a variable field in my Issue Filters

Rob Fjerstad October 27, 2011

Hi,

I have a large number of saved Issue FIlters (about 40) and all filter on the fixVersion field which is the same as my Sprints. I'm looking for a way that I can set what the "current" fixVersion is and have that get resolved by the filters when they run. I don't believe a custom field will work as that is a static value, I need something that exists more at the project level and not at the issue level. I'd like to be able to set this sort of global variable to what the current fixVersion is and use that variable in all of my filters.

Right now I need to edit all of my filters at the start of each sprint to update the fixVersion value, this is very time consuming as it takes multiple steps in Jira to update just one filter.

Thanks,

-Rob

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Beth Schaefermann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2011

Could you filter on fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion(project)

Here's some instructions around the JIRA version: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.3+Release+Notes#JIRA43ReleaseNotes-SearchforIssueChangesRelativeDatesandRelativeVersionswithJQL

If not, here's a feature request that is available for comment: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8126

Rob Fjerstad October 27, 2011

Thanks Beth;

This will work - I can replace my static fixVersion with earliestUnreleasedVersion() in all of my filters and just drag the current version to the bottom of my version list at the start of each sprint.

I would still like to see the feature request added so there is an actual concept of Current and even previous/next versions.

But for now thank you for the suggestion - it solves my immediate need.

-Rob

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events