Log spam: warning generated by velocity

Adrian Fita June 22, 2012

Hi. I noticed a lot of messages like the following:

/rest/timesheet-gadget/1.0/timesheet.json [velocity] Warning! The iterative  is an Iterator in the #foreach() loop at [0,0] in template templates/common/worklog-details-issue.vm. Because it's not resetable, if used in more than once, this may lead to unexpected results.

What do they mean? Are they important, should I be worried? How do I get rid of them?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012
Adrian Fita October 9, 2012

Thanks. This fixed it.

0 votes
Jérôme Brandt August 7, 2012

Hi Igor,

"You can disable velocity warnings for this plugin only and this particular classes only but it's on you to decide."

How to do this ?

0 votes
Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2012

It's not important and harmless, just poor velocity code in some of third-party plugins. You can disable warnings in log4j.properties. More information about this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Logging+and+Profiling

Adrian Fita June 25, 2012

Thanks, but I would apreciate it if the affected plugin would just fix it. I don't want to disable warning log messages as they may contain something useful someday.

Igor Loskutov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

You can disable velocity warnings for this plugin only and this particular classes only but it's on you to decide.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events