Load JIRA - Tables data inside Power BI

Somnath Chatterjee April 15, 2024

I have one question, I had a user defined table inside the Jira story - description section , how I bring this table's data inside power BI ? I didnt find any related fields from Jira work management, I choosen description field from there. After successful connection establishment from JIRA to PowerBI when I pull the description column inside power BI only text information is appearing, table's data is not appearing at a glance view . when I copied the column data from Power BI and paste in note pad to see actualy what is happening then came to know that table's data is coming but format is different, something appended before and after every records , something like markup language. Please find the attachment for your reference. Could you please help me out.

Thanks,

Somnath

JIRA.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Belevtsov April 15, 2024

Hi Somnath,

Thank you for your question.

According to our experience, you need to apply some native or custom Power BI functionality (for example, the PlainText function) to convert your rich format text (like markup or HTML) into a normal one after the data export.

If you utilize any third-party connector for Jira - Power BI integration, you can also contact the Support team of the corresponding vendor for further assistance.

On a side note, feel free to submit your request via this link in case you use the solution from Alpha Serve.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Somnath Chatterjee April 15, 2024

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your response. I have used Power BI connector for JIRA for integration purpose.

Thanks,

Somnath

Daniel Belevtsov April 16, 2024

Hello Somnath,

Got your point.

Apparently, you will get a similar reply from App Developer support, but you can reach out to them anyway for more clarification.

Best regards,
Daniel

Somnath Chatterjee April 16, 2024

Hi Daniel,

Could you please share how to reach app developer support team.

Thanks,

Somnath 

Daniel Belevtsov April 16, 2024

Dear Somnath,

I am a representative of Power BI Connector for Jira by Alpha Serve. If this plugin is in use, you can create a ticket here:

https://aserve.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/16

In case of having a different application, please consider browsing Support contacts by the actual vendor name on the Internet.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events