Jira Tempo. Customizing the calender to fit all the hours of one day within one screen.

ChiakiOwns October 18, 2022

Hello everyone!

It seems an update has dropped, as I get a lot of questions from my colleagues today on jira-related stuff. If you have any hints, or tips I really appreciate your help!

So the first question was on how to "lock" the calender so that you don't have to scroll so much to see what you have booked for each day. Or alternatively a way to "cut off" for example the first 6 hours for each day, as most of us don't work pre-6a.m. Anything in that direction would be really helpful!

Then I got another question, also regarding Jira-Tempo, but more specifically on the booking part this time. So a colleague who doesn't like the calender-view (for whatever reason) really, really wants to use the System Dashboard to book her hours. So pre-patch she could click on any task on her dashboard and it would instantly open up the booking-screen where she could add hours to a task (at least she told me it worked that way, I am mostly using calender-view). And post-patch when she clicks on the task it first opens up the respective Jira-Ticket where she has to click on "book worktime" (or an equivalent, our Jira is in german). So she has to perform one action more per booking-process and she doesn't like it.

So if you have any ideas, tips, words of encouragement, I will gladly take them.

Thanks and have a nice day everyone! ^-^

Julia

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2022

Hi, @ChiakiOwns

Can you please create a ticket for this in our Tempo support portal, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6 so we can better investigate this. 

Information about the version you were using before and your current version might be helpful. 
Can you please also check with your user which Dashboard gadget she was using to open the log time dialog directly?

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events