Jira/Service Now Integration Error - issue not created for the following reason

Linda Noonan April 19, 2024

We had to rename one of our Jira projects a couple months ago and ever since then the Jira/Service Now integration isn't working.  It worked for this Jira project before, but now it's now.  This is the error:  

Jira Issue was not created for the following reason: Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown. Field 'components' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown. Field 'customfield_15900' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.d additional information to complete this request.

I'm pretty sure that the customfield_15900 is the Service Now field.  But not sure why it's saying that the "summary" cannot be set.  Or the components.  

Anyone experience this before?  I've been searching here in the community but haven't found anything that I think will fix it.  

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

@Linda Noonan 

It appears that you are trying to create or edit an item in Jira through integration with ServiceNow. This error message associated with your integration is very common in Jira and it usually appears when:

- The fields described in the error message are not previously added to the project creation or editing screen.

Can you confirm this? Observe the project and issue type where your integration is pointed and ensure that these fields associated with your error message are on the creation screen (if the event is a create issue) or on the edit screen (if the event is an edit issue)

Let us know if it's not the case.

Linda Noonan April 22, 2024

Ok, thanks!!  I will check that & respond back.  

Linda Noonan April 29, 2024

I confirmed.  The fields are on the creation screen & edit screen. 

Could it mean that Service Now doesn't have those fields?  

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

@Linda Noonan ,

If you're set the fields to create issue you really need have a fied in Service Now who are sending some value for those fields.

Maybe in Service Now you're not making the corresponding association between Jira and Service Now fields. If possible, just share some screenshots or the payload you're using to create an issue in Jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events