Jira Insight Object Atttributes as depedency (Cascading) of different Object types

Nikhil Birajdar February 28, 2022

Hi,

I am looking for expert advice to my problem in Insight and working with Attributes.

i have two Insight Schemes.

Scheme 1 contains Objectype:

Upper (Up1 , Up2, Up3) and Lower (Low1, Low2, Low3)

Now in other Insight Scheme i have objecttype Maschine containing M1 and M2 as Objects.

It contains two Attributes as Objects Upper and Lower from first Insight Scheme.

So e.g.  M1 has attributes "Upper ", "Lower" whcih contains values from Other Scheme.

When i am chosing upper Attribute Value Up 1, then i should see possible options in Attribute Lower only Low1. That meaning relations Up1 -> Low1, Up2-> Low2 , Up3-> Low3 are required here. 

My questions is how to configure the Attribute "Lower" in the second Scheme, so as to get exact relatable values. I tried using Object filter in the Attribute configuration with "Lower = ${Lower} ". But it didn't give any options.

Please give advice how to filter the Attribute Configuration for "Lower"?

cheers,

Nikhil

1 answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

You would need to link Up1 and Low1 to each other with an object attribute.

2022-03-02 19_30_59-Insight - JIRA Sandbox.png

Then you can have your filter point to that attribute and reference the currently selected Upper:

2022-03-02 19_31_23-Insight - JIRA Sandbox.png

And this is what you'll see in the object create screen:

2022-03-02 19_31_40-Insight - JIRA Sandbox.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events