Jira Cloud - Approved View

Keratoconic September 27, 2023

Hello Community,

Within Jira cloud and using the approvers workflow, where/how can we easily see when the request has been approved, is there a way to just add that as a field that would show when it's already approved with a checkmark or something similar?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Giovanni Melai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2023

Hi @Keratoconic

I think you are referring to the approval flow of Jira Service Management. 

In this case, you should use the status as a reference, I mean it's approved when in the status of the ticket is the one you defined in the approval step.

Let's take as an example the default approval workflow. The first status of the WF is "Waiting for approval", if the request is Approved the next status will be "Waiting for Support" if rejected the request will be closed. So in this case your approved status will be "Waiting for Support".

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.45.24.png

Other than this, if you want more information about the approval step you can check the approval tab at the bottom of the issue, where you can see who approved the request and when.

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.43.38.png

This is just an example and your workflow might be different, so you need to define which is your approved status, but the logic is the same. 

I hope this helps

0 votes
Parsa Shiva October 3, 2023

Hello,

I think the best way is to simply use Approval Path for Jira, it has a very user friendly UI/UX and is arguably the best approval app in the marketplace.

You can track all the approvals from multiple lists depending on your permissions and needs.

Best,
Parsa Shiva 

Keratoconic October 17, 2023

Free?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events