Jira Automate Not Assessing New Epic Created By Another Automate

Daniel Lupton February 27, 2024

I have a Jira Automate that will create an Epic as a child of a feature when a component is added to the feature.

I also have another automate that is set up to add stories to an Epic when a component is added to the Epic.

The issue I am having is that it seems the Epic that is being created by the first automate is not being assessed by the second automate to create the stories.

I have tried having the addition of the component in a separate step form the ticket creation and even adding a couple of re-fetches in to the automate to delay the component addition but its still not working and the new Epic is not even shoing in the automare log for assessment.

If I manually add the component to the Epic after the creation by the first automate then the story generation works fine.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Daniel Lupton 

How do you trigger the second rule? 

Additionally, this box must be checked for the second rule to be triggered by the first rule.

Go to Rule Details:

checkbox.png

Daniel Lupton February 28, 2024

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz 

For the second automate I have set it up to trigger when the field component/s is changed on issue edit or create.

We ha e Jira Data centre and so can't call one automate from another (I don't think so anyway and can't.see the option in our set up).

I have also set it up thisnway so that the automation will run regardless of how the Epic is created and the components added.

If I manually create the Epic and add the component as part of the create issue form then the 2nd automation triggers fine.

I am really not sure why the 1nd automation is not triggering if the Epic is created by the first automation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events