JQL Needed to query issues that users are mentioned on that have not been responded to.

Megan Calandra July 7, 2021

I am looking to create a JQL that will show my users a list of issues they were mentioned on that they have not yet responded on (commented on) OR reacted to (thumbs up). 

So far, I was able to query a list that shows me a list of issues they were mentioned in, in the last 7 days. 

(text ~ currentUser() AND updatedDate >= -7d ORDER BY updated DESC)

But ideally I would like issues to fall off this list if the user has already responded to the mention.  

My ultimate goal is to create a clean dashboard of work that are truly issues that require an action from the end user.  If they already responded but the issue is still visible to them on the dashboard it becomes noise and distracting from what really needs to be done. 

If this is approach is not feasible, does anyone have any other suggestions for obtaining this?  Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Hi,

I'm not sure that you will be able to achieve that since you can find issue where you was tagged but you can't compare comment date and mentionned date.

If the user comment a ticket but he's mentionned two days after you will not be able

Megan Calandra July 9, 2021

Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if there is a way to eliminate issues based off current user reacting to comment they are tagged in (thumbs up).  

My ultimate goal is to create a clean dashboard of work that are truly issues that require the end user to take action on.  If they already have and it appears, its just noise and distracting from what really needs to be done. 

Or - do you have any other suggestions for obtaining this? 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

I think this is not possible, may be with automation or other plugin like scriptrunner you could assign the ticket to the user mentionned in the ticket then create a dashboard that will pull all issue assigned to the current user. 

When the user respond, he will assign the ticket to the right person manually or create a script to do it automatically

Like Megan Calandra likes this
0 votes
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 8, 2021

Hi,

Our app

makes it possible to find out who was the last person that commented.

After you install the app you can filter out issues where the last commenter is current user:

commentLastCreatedBy!=currentUser()

Also make sure to check out the docs.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events