JMWE Post function

Mariusz Mika May 27, 2022

Hello, I am trying to use post function with JMWE (create issue option) in order to assign created issue to the active Sprint in the another project by using "Set field value to:". I am using all kind of possibilities, and still no success. Can you please help me out?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Mariusz Mika ,

are you trying to set the Sprint field of the created issue to the active sprint of the project in which you are creating the issue? In that case, you can use this as the value:

{{ 5 | sprints("active") | first | field("id") }}

where you'll replace 5 with the board ID of the board for which you want to get the active sprint.

Thank you for your prompt response. How can I find the board ID? and also how can I link theses two project/cases with each other by using Link issues option ("Set field value to") in the same Create issue(s) post-function?

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

The board ID is present at the end of the URL when looking at the board.

As for linking the new issue to the current issue, there's an explicit option for that on the post-function configuration page.

Thanks for your reply. I have used the above query with my board id, although it did not go through. I mean the case was created in another project successfully with all other details, although this last step of assigning it to the current active Sprint has not happened.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2022

@Mariusz Mika you are right, there is a bug when passing a board ID. This will be fixed in the next release, which should be available early next week.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events