JIRA Suite Utilities to use in our customized workflow to make fields required - v6.0.8

satish kpavoor May 18, 2014

Dear All,

Is there separate suport team available for the plug-in "JIRA Suite Utilities". I want to discuss on the support contract details , on the Impact of usability and Cons (risk) if any. Please advise the support contact for this Plug-in to discuss on the contract.

JIRA Version is 6.0.8

Regards

Nazim

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014
satish kpavoor May 18, 2014

Hi Nic Brough,

Thanks for the infomation, seems the tool is free but I wrote to vendor (Beecom) if he can advise on the support for us on this plugin.

Thanks a lot once again.

Regards

Nazim

satish kpavoor May 19, 2014

Hi,

Apologize, tried reaching vendor beecom to identify the impact of using this components on the customized workflows which we have in our organization and also if any risks to highlight But vendor is bit slow, can someone help me with confirmation that nothing will break I mean the existing workflows based on your experience on this plug-in. Please advise

Regards, Nazim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Depends on what you've configured, more than the plugin.

The plugin is well maintained and doesn't tend to break upgrades though, it's one of the most solid in the marketplace in my experience

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Nazim,
I can confirm what Nic already said.
We are using Suite Utilities since 4 or 5 years. Started with Jira 3.X.
Never had a problem and I really love all the functions of that plugin.
Only thing that could happen: Your company needs to de-install the plugin. Than every workflow should be reviewed and any function of that plugin should be removed.

Kind regards
André

Hi Andre Lehmann,

Thanks a lot for the information, will pin this point in my mind.

Also after installing the tool I came to know that it is adding additional tabs on the defect view detail screen, I disable few of the tabs through Manager plug-ins but still I see Commit, Source and Review tabs. I just want to disable these tabs. Please advise what can be done on this because it is impacting on all the workflows which we have in our organization.

FYI : I do have only 2 plug-ins one of them is JIRA Suite Utility

Regards, Nazim

Hi Nic Brough,

That's true how we configure but I just identified that installing this component on my JIRA it is introducing some additional Tabs on the view issue detail screen and this is global irrespective of the workflows. I went to manage plug-ins and disabled it. This happened with out my interaction on the component. Hence in the same way some other stuff might be introducing this tool which I am not aware and might end up with different issues unknowingly. Hope you got my point. I was just looking things before I configure it.

Thanks, Nazim

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2014

Yes, the plugin adds tabs which are nothing to do with the workflow, they're generalised. The plugin provides a whole suite of functions, not just one. They are independent of the workflow functions, and nothing to worry about - they just add some informational summaries. A lot of users find them useful, but you can disable them in the modules if you really want.

The commit, source and review tabs are nothing to do with these though - they're from source control tabs from other plugins. Some names get reused, but generally the "source" tab is from the subversion plugin, and the "commit" tab from the DVCS plugin for integration with bitbucket (git/mercurial) or another git related function.

Once again thanks a lot Nic Brough!!! for the detailed explanation.

satish kpavoor May 20, 2014

Once again thanks a lot Nic Brough!!! for the detailed explanation. Also it will be great help if you can explain me on Impact if we move tomorrow on latest version of JIRA. How should we handle the installations of these plug-ins for new version of JIRA during deployment, do we need to re-configure again these plug-ins on the existing workflows which according to me is bit rigid OR just installation will serve our purpose coz JIRA database will already have these control values. Kindly advise

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2014

Each plugin is different, and for upgrades, you *must* check the documentation for them to see how to upgrade.

The JSU provides functions that are easy to handle though - they don't really have any data behind them, they're only active at run-time, so unless a class name actively changes, the upgrade path is "upgrade Jira, go to UPM and click update on JSU". You shouldn't need to reconfigure or re-enter anything.

I'm completely lost on the last part of your question though - after the OR?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events