Issues with scriprunner are moving to 7.x

Ron Koppelaar February 15, 2016

Since moving to JIRA 7.x I've a problem with calling classes from groovy scripts.

I've put my class on the default location:

D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\scripts

Content of the file:

==============

package CegekaGroovy

/**
* Created by R.Koppelaar on 15-2-2016.
*/
class TestClass
{
public static String Hello()
{
return "Aangeroepen";
}
}

And try to import it from the script console within jira:

import CegekaGroovy.TestClass

The red cross disappear, but when running the script following error occurs:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script147.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class CegekaGroovy.TestClass @ line 1, column 1. import CegekaGroovy.TestClass ^ 1 error

Where should we place the classes. In JIRA 5.x we placed the files in following location:

D:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\CegekaGroovy

which seems to work perfectly

2 answers

1 vote
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2016

Hi Ron,

In JIRA 7 the  default classes directory would be located in the JIRA install directory at <JIRA-INSTALL>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes.

In JIRA 7 the scripts directory where you can call scripts from a file is in the JIRA home directory at  <JIRA-Home>/scripts

Can you please confirm if the relevant scripts and class files are present inside these locations.

Thanks

Kristian

0 votes
Ron Koppelaar February 17, 2016

I've put both my classes and my scripts in the JIRA HOME Directory. This results in a working way for calling classes within my scripts. So directory structur eis:

<JIRA_HOME>/scripts

Within this folder a sub-folder is created: CegekaGroovy which contains the classes.

Using classes within the scripts is okay.

Using classes from the script console will fail

Any reason for that?

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2016

Hi Ron,

The scripts should fire from the script console.

Could you please raise a ticket at https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 outlining the details above along with your version of Script Runner and JIRA 7 so that we can investigate this further.

Many Thanks

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events