Issues always marked as "changed"

TPD September 6, 2011

I started using the eclipse connector using Jaira 3.x holding the issues. This worked fine.

A few weeks ago we upgraded the server to Jira 4.4.x. Since then the issues in my eclipse task list get marked as "has updates" every time the connector connects to the server. But in fact the issues where not updated on server side.

The version of the eclipse connector is 3.0.0.v20110210. I could not find a newer version.

How can I stop the connector marking issues as "changed"?

bye
Thomas

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2011
TPD September 7, 2011

Thanks!

Thomas

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2011

If the locale setting helps then we will definitely need to improve error handling to make this particular case more obvious.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2011

Hello Thoms,

Can you explain step by step your case and the outcome you get?

I testes Connector 3.0.1 and Mylyn 3.6 with the JIRA 4.4.1 and it works fine on my side.

Cheers,

Jacek

TPD September 6, 2011

Basicly I did nothing. ;o)

As I wrote I first connected to our 3.x Jira server. At that time the issues got marked "changed" onl if there was a change at the server side.

When we upgraded the server I did not changte anything on my eclipse plug in. But since then all of my items get marked "changed" every time the plugin connects to the server.

What come to my mind is: has the date format changed that the server uses to report last changed date to clients?

bye
Thomas

TPD September 6, 2011

it loos my assumption is right.

from the eclipse-log:

!ENTRY com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core 2 0 2011-09-07 15:42:24.853
!MESSAGE Error parsing date: "Do, 21 Apr 2011 15:41:13 +0200"
!STACK 0
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Do, 21 Apr 2011 15:41:13 +0200"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.web.rss.JiraRssHandler.convertToDate(JiraRssHandler.java:841)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.web.rss.JiraRssHandler.startElement(JiraRssHandler.java:512)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)

bye

Thomas

TPD September 6, 2011

it looks like my assumption is right.

from the eclipse-log:

!ENTRY com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core 2 0 2011-09-07 15:42:24.853
!MESSAGE Error parsing date: "Do, 21 Apr 2011 15:41:13 +0200"
!STACK 0
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Do, 21 Apr 2011 15:41:13 +0200"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.web.rss.JiraRssHandler.convertToDate(JiraRssHandler.java:841)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.jira.core.service.web.rss.JiraRssHandler.startElement(JiraRssHandler.java:512)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)

bye

Thomas

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2011

OK. Can you make sure that your locale setting for Task Repository in Eclipse is exactly the same as in JIRA?

TPD September 7, 2011

Dunno how to do that.

In the advanced configuration section of the repository settings I can only set the Locale and the Date/Time Picker format.
The locale is the same I configured with my account at our Jira server.
Changing the Date/Time Picker format didn't help. (And feld somewhat strange...)

bye
Thomas

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2011

I have checked the code and we use US locale to parse date and time:

private final SimpleDateFormat XML_DATE_FORMAT = new SimpleDateFormat("E, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss Z (zz)", Locale.US);

The solution would be to switch your JIRA to use Locale.US by default. Please try to change defaut JIRA language to US and let me know if that helps. If not then I will try to reproduce the problem locally and find the solution.

Cheers,

Jacek

TPD September 7, 2011

I'm not able to change the Locale setting of our Jira server and I'm pretty sure our admins will not cooperate since currently I'm the only one (of 300) using Eclipse connector.

I think this a standard situation...

bye
Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events