Is there anyway to inherit the parent's page label?

Jackson Loong February 26, 2019

I am using the built-in Meeting Notes blueprint & template to group different sets of meetings within the same project.  So I have manually added label to the meeting minutes so that the summary & outstanding to-dos are grouped together nicely.  However, there is no provision to assign label through the "Create Meeting Notes" macro.

Ideally, it would be nice to just inherit the parent's page label.

Another option I found is adding Adaptavist Add label macro into the meeting notes template.   It gives me option to automatically add parent's page title as a label.   It works but kind of problematic. 

1. Parent's page title can be long & cumbersome
  2. Parent's page title can be altered at some point

Does anyone know if there is any option to specify parent's label in the Add Label macro?

1 answer

1 vote
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

Hi Jackson,

By default, there is not a native way in Confluence that I know of to have new child pages inherit the labels of their parents. However, you should be able to auto-assign labels to a new page with the "Create from template" macro, as long as the template has a certain label.

By default, the "Meeting notes" blueprint uses this macro to create pages from the "Meeting notes template", which comes with the "meeting-notes" label. But you can edit this template to add other labels, or even create your own custom templates (see Page Templates).

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Jackson Loong March 3, 2019

Thanks for the tips.  I had tried using "Create from template" and reference the template by "Meeting notes" blueprint.  It contains some other macro/variables that automatically insert the create date & author into the page.   These 2 do not work when I use "Create from template".   

So I created my local macro to insert these.  The challenge is the not-so-user-friendly presentation.   If I use my own macro, user cannot see the date nor the username when editing the page.     User has to exit out & view the page to see the value, unlike how the Meeting Notes blueprint work.

Simon Worker May 16, 2023

I have the same issue as above. When creating my own meeting notes template with my desired label the auto date and auto document owner no longer work. 

Have we found a solution to resolve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events