Is there an automatic way to create issues from messages in a slack channel?

Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

I was given a task at my Organisation to ensure that certain messages targeted at a particular project automatically create Jira issues in the slack channel,

I have successfully done the recommended Slack +Jira integration found here

The thing is I have been asked to do more such that for any message written, one does not need to use the /Jira Create command but automatically the message creates an issue.

I have looked up 3rd party integrations but at the moment that is not feasible for my Organization.

A team member recommended Bolt but so far I am yet to come up with any meaningful solution or way forward.

Is it really possible that I can achieve this or am I just on a wild goose chase, I want to give final feedback for this to my Organisation and be done with the task.

Recommendations and all possible answers are highly welcome.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2022

Hi @Lewis Tanguhwar ,

I'd suggest taking a look at Atlassian Assist to integrate Slack threads with Jira issues. Based on a reactji on a message, Assist will create a Jira issue and sync all the threaded messages between Jira and Slack. This comes out-of-the-box with a Jira Service Management Cloud subscription, or can be used with Jira Software thru a Halp subscription. More info here.

Cheers,
Daniel

Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Thanks so much, @Daniel Eads 

I will check it out

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events