Is there a way to put in a pause in a Jira Service Desk automation?

Milo Grika August 25, 2020

I have an automation that automatically transitions all linked tickets when the "parent" is transitioned, but it seems that if the user makes multiple transitions too quickly, the automation can't keep up and the "child" tickets don't transition correctly.

Is there a way to add a pause or wait before the next action occurs?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

Hi Milo,

Try putting in an action for Re-fetch issue after the first transition. 

Milo Grika August 31, 2020

That's a great idea! I didn't actually need it as I hadn't accounted for all the possible workflows.

Like # people like this
Mathias Richter June 6, 2021

John, thank you for that idea. I had the problem, that, when a rule got triggered, only half the information of the issue was actually 'up-to-date' and I thought it's a timing issue.. Fetching the data again helped and solved the problem!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Great! Glad I could help. 

@Milo Grika - it this answered the question for you, can you click on the Accept Answer button above to close this one out?  Thanks!

Marie Kurpiewski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2022

The Re-fetch issue action was a lifesaver to find! My automation to post new tickets to Slack, and Jira Cloud app previously, never populated email addresses it hadn't seen before. Now it does! 💯

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2022

@Marie Kurpiewski  Glad to hear!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events