Is there a way to hide epics without any associated stories with the Quick Filters applied?

Matt Boerner November 6, 2017

I want to be able to filter out any/all epics without any stories associated with them based upon the current Board filter (and any Easy Agile filters applied) and any selected Quick filter.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Boerner November 10, 2017

Here's how I solved the issue with ScriptRunner.  The JQL filter below will filter all epics that are NOT in the set of in-progress stories.  You can generalize this to any static criteria.  I have NOT found a way to make the criteria dynamic, for example to screen all epics that are NOT associated with all of the currently applied quick filters on the JIRA board.

status in ("In Progress", "Development in Progress") OR issueFunction in epicsOf("status in ('In Progress', 'Development in Progress')")

0 votes
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Hi Matt, thanks for the feedback.

We currently have a story for this feature on our development backlog, I have made a note to reach out to you when it is released.

In the meantime, if you are using the ScriptRunner add-on with your Jira instance, this community discussion could assist you with a work-around.

Regards,
Seamus Kieran
Easy Agile Support Team

Matt Boerner November 7, 2017

Thanks Seamus, but that workaround does NOT work for my requirement.  I want to hide epics without any associated stories given the currently applied quick filters.  That workaround hides ONLY those epics without ANY associated stories.

Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2018

Hi Matt, 

Reaching back out on behalf of Seamus today. I wanted to let you know that we have just released 'Focus Mode' on the User Story Map (Cloud). 

This new feature allows users to hide all of the empty Epics and Swimlanes, removing the noise of empty cells on the Story Map. 

It would be great to get your feedback on this new functionality, and whether it addresses your use case. 

Thanks again Matt, 
Teagan Harbridge [Easy Agile]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events