Is there a way to delete a Scriptrunner Behaviour using groovy

John Jennings April 24, 2023

I need to delete a Scriptrunner behaviour from multiple instances of JIRA.  I would like to do this programmatically using groovy. Is this possible?

I have done multiple google searches to no avail.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

It is possible - on Server/DC, you can do almost anything with Scriptrunner, including scripting amending Scriptrunner settings such as script calls, behaviours, and the config of canned functions you're reusing.

However, you'll need to do a lot of digging through the scriptrunner API to work out how to make a call to delete a behaviour, and you're going to need to either give your script a direct pointer to what you're trying to amend, or code something that can work it out.  

In general, you're probably going to find it faster and easier to go into the UI to find the things you want to kill off, and when you find one, simply delete it with the next click.

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

It's definitely not common. I don't remember seeing a similar use case, but I'm curious how many instances you're referring to and what others have experienced.

John Jennings April 27, 2023

Not counting the Test/Development instances we are currently supporting 17, with more in the planning stages

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events