Is it possible to filter on fields in dashboard

daniel_hedberg November 22, 2017

Is there a possibility in jira to filter on fields and especially database custom fields from the kepler plugin?

I have a field of sales people and i would like to be able to filter on this field in a dashboard.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Erik,

If you add the field to the Issue Navigator as a column, then it should appear and you can filter it. Were you having trouble doing this earlier?

Also which Kepler add-on are you referring to? The Power Custom Fields one?

Kind regards,

Shannon

daniel_hedberg November 23, 2017

Hi 

Yes in the issue navigator i can do this but i would like to have the possibility to do this in the dashboard so i can for example get a select list of the values of the field in question.

The Addon is the Database one.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Erik,

Once you filter using the dashboard you should be able to switch from Basic to Advanced, and it will show you the JQL to use in your Dashboard query, or be able to create a filter from it to use there. Then you an use it as a Filter Results Gadget on the dashboard.

Thank you for confirming the add-on you're using. I've tagged the issue with that add-on and those who use and support the add-on will be able to see this question and tell you if you can do this with any custom fields created by that add-on.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events