Is it possible to customise status colours on the workflow?

Rahil Ravji September 18, 2019

For instance, the default "Done" status colour is green. Can I change that to any other colour? 

I tried using this code (obtained from another user) on scriptrunner:

"<span id=\"status-val\" class=\"value\"><span class=\" jira-issue-status-lozenge aui-lozenge jira-issue-status-lozenge-yellow jira-issue-status-lozenge-new jira-issue-status-lozenge-max-width-long \" data-tooltip=\"<span class=&quot;jira-issue-status-tooltip-title&quot;>Done</span><span class=&quot;jira-issue-status-tooltip-desc&quot;> The issue has been completed. </span>\" title=\"\" " +

"original-title=\"\">Done</span></span>"

It works, however I can only change the colour to "3 accepted colours by Jira" (Yellow, medium gray, green) and not to any other of my choice. 

Has anyone else cracked this?

3 answers

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Hi @Rahil Ravji

It is likely showing as blue as the new design principles have changed the colour options (green, blue, gray) - see this post for more information.

There are open suggestions to make this possible you can vote on - see JRACLOUD-37024 / JRASERVER-37024 - depending on your instance.

You could also consider using an app to change colours - such as New Color Status for Cloud or see Marketplace for Server which has a few different options depending on what you're looking to do.

Ste

Of course the apps! I thought I would get away with having minimum add-ons! 

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help, @Ste

Like Ste likes this
0 votes

Strange thing, when colour is set as "yellow" it displays blue instead of yellow in the result field. Jira query.JPG

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

No, it is not possible. The Jira API exposes three categories for statues: https://docs.atlassian.com/DAC/javadoc/jira/reference/com/atlassian/jira/issue/status/category/StatusCategory.html

These are intentionally limited to this set, so that Atlassian and plugin vendors can make plugins that operate within these assumptions.

Thanks Steven. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events