Is it possible in plugin to monitor Summary field input value change?

Shrek Ding July 11, 2012

Hi, I want to implement a plugin to monitor the summary field value change, search the similar tickets base on the inputed value in the summary field in current project.

One more requirement, i want to implement this via web service, does anyone know the JIRA web service interface and the wiki web service interface, that is appropriate.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

You can monitor this change in a JIRA listener but I don't understand what you mean by implement via web service. Can you explain?

If you mean remote API, you won't be able to listen on changes using Remote API but you might be able to pull changes at every specified interval.

Shrek Ding July 11, 2012

Hi Jobin, thanks very much for your reply. could you please tell me more detail about this listener?

is it context listener or other listener?

My purpose of Web Service is that I want to search out similar tickets from the same project with the value typed in the Summary field, so the search method I plan to use is via JIRA web service. wish it clear.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Listeners

See the tutorial at the end of that document

Regarding searching similar issues, you can do that from the plugin itself using searchService.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+JIRA+Issue+CRUD+and+Search

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2012

Sorry, can you explain more? Why is it not possible?

Shrek Ding July 11, 2012

Hi Jobin, I am not sure whether it is possible to implement this when creating issue with listener.thanks!!

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2012

I see. That wasn't clear to me. Makes sense now.

Well, then you are looking at Suggestimate. Jamie had a solution too. You can check if it works with your version.

Shrek Ding July 11, 2012

Hi Jobin, i want implement this before clicking on *Create* button, not after.

Shrek Ding July 11, 2012

Exactly, it is what I want, thanks you so much!!!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events