Insight: Restrict the view of objects to current and related user?

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2018

We are looking at storing data in Insight which only should be visible by either the person logged in and the persons leader. (The persons leader will be stored on the user object in Insight.)

Is this possible to acchieve somehow?

(Insight permissions does to my knowledge only supprort Jira Users and Groups, not placeholders and IQLs)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

Hi Johannes,

Permissions can be set for Insight, Object Schemas, and Object Types, based on user or groups, and just like you mentioned, not possible to use placeholders or IQL.

You can read about permissions at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-permissions

We have planned to look at the permissions this year to make it more granular, and enable permissions set on object level as one example. Feel free to create an feature request at jira.riada.se, and take a look at this search for current tickets: https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-239?jql=text%20~%20%22permission%22%20and%20project%20%3D%20%22Insight%20Core%20-%20Server%22%20

If you feel like this answered your question, please mark it as accepted :)

Cheers!
Alexander

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2018

Thanks! I see there are many others having the same requirement, looking forward to the more granular permission management:)

0 votes
Filip Sagen August 12, 2022

I think this question needs to be picked up again, since Atlassian picked up insight i cannot see that this kind of granularity has been implemented, nor can i find any ticket on their JIRA corresponding to this issue and the old links to RIADA are dead..

So yeah, I think it would be a neat feature to be able to restrict the view of certain objects to only users that are linked to it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events