Insight Read Only Field Configuration

Areg Vrtanesyan January 18, 2019

Hi

I have a configuration in Insight to store Company Information and some additional data like some numbers and dates.

Also I have select Insight CF configured in Jira to select a company when Issue is created.

Now I am trying to configure Read Only field which will be able to show additional values on each issue filtered by selected Company details on issue.

So far I am ok with "Filter Scope" to specify Object Type but not sure how to select the value based on selected company name ...

https://documentation.riada.io/insight/latest/readonly-insight-custom-field-29299201.html

Regards,

Areg

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2019

Areg,

You need to get the value from the company custom field and map it to your object/attribute:

"object attribute name" = ${custom field name}

Regards,

Laurens

Hi Laurens

I am trying to do that but neither

name = ${customfield_xxx}

or

key = ${customfield_xxx}

works

I suspect this is because of stored data.

I have done JQL search and exported data and column for Insight Company name has both Name and Insight KEY in it like "Company Name (COMP-1)" so something does not work.

Not sure if Company Name field is not configured correctly.

Regards,

Areg

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2019

Areg,

Do you have a company attribute in the object that you want to show?

Also, you will need to force an update of your issue (edit) to load/populate the read only field.

My example; i have a user object with an attribute "Jira Username" and i want to map the value in that attribute with the reporter so my filter assign scope is:

"Jira Username" = ${Reporter}

That is the standard sample that possibly works ok.

In Insight I have an object configured with attributes "Key" and "Name" and "Name" one has a "Label" mark on it.

In Jira CF "Company Name" has "Label" in "Filter objects with attributes".

While I am trying to do a JQL to search all issues assigned to one of the company Jira autocompletes that to something like:

project = "Project Name" and "Company Name" = "Some Name (COMP-1)"

So I am assuming when I try to put

name = ${customfield_xxx}

or

key = ${customfield_xxx}

it does not work properly.

I hope that re-indexing project, all issues or editing issue will kick off update to populate data in RO field.

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2019

Your IQL should be "Name" = ${customfield_xxx}

Then just take a random issue which has the company custom field filled in and that has the insight RO field on the screen en just press edit and update.

Normally it should then populate the RO field.

If not, something is still wrong in the IQL or CF settings

I have tried to set up another RO field and it does not work either.

So something is wrong.

I am going to set up another test instance to test this and get back.

Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

Hi Areg.

As Laurens correctly indicated, the Insight Read Only CF will populate on Issue Created/Updated events fired - so as a Trigger you can simply change the Issue Priority on the Issue View, then revert it to the Original Value. The RO CF should update if configured correctly.

In all your examples above, you used the attributes' names in lower case - please note that Attribute Names are case sensitive in IQL - so please make sure you indicate "Key" or "Name" for the default Attributes.

Key = ${customfield_xxxxx}

or

Name = ${customfield_xxxxx} 

should work, but then, if this is the Only filter used - why use a RO CF to show the details of the same Company Object already selected? You can configure the field "Object attributes on Issue view" with all the Attributes of the Company Object Type you wish to view on the Issue.

Alternatively, you can populate the RO CF with objects Referencing / being referenced to/by the selected company by using: object HAVING inR(Key=${customfield_xxxxx}) etc.

Also note that you can use Name = ${customfield_nnnnn.name} as documented here.

I hope this helps. If not, please indicate the full IQL you are using.

Cheers.

Yinon

Team Riada

Areg Vrtanesyan January 20, 2019

Hi Team

Looks like this will not work for us as we would like to have live data in that field without updating issue(s).

I have faced same issues with nFeed and ended up with ScritpRunner CF.

I will take that approach as that will give us most flexibility.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Areg

0 votes
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

Do you still need this working?

I got the required method operating.

Added an "Organization ID" field.

A script runner post function to set the ID Field to that of the ID of the Selected Organization.

The Organizations in Insight have an attribute for "Jira Service Desk ID"

This is what we match on using the JQL / IQL to display Customer data from Insight.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events