Importing `MIRO Templates` to `Whiteboards for Jira`

Mike Levings April 16, 2021

Hi,

I am currently evaluating `Whiteboards for Jira`.  Looks like the beginnings of a great product and I see there is a Hackathon looking to get new templates.  But for now, templates are a little thin on the ground it seems!

Is there any way to import MIRO templates as they are more readily available?  If not and there is not converter, is there any plans to allow this feature in the future so that templates could be ported across the 2 products?

Thanks,
Mike

1 answer

4 votes
Grzegorz Tańczyk {Appfire} April 18, 2021

Hello,

We are currently working on an importer solution for the most popular tools. Until it becomes public, we can help with migration individually, please contact support if you are interested.

Last week we introduced a whole new batch of templates:

• User Story Map
  • Product Roadmap
  • Ice Breaker Kit
  • Affinity mapping
  • Customer Journey Map
  • Kanban
  • Planning Poker
  • Product Backlog Refinement
  • Project Planning
  • Daily Standup
  • Dot Voting
  • Eisenhower Matrix
  • Flowchart
  • MoSCoW Prioritisation
  • Product Backlog
  • Risk Analysis
  • Simple Gantt Chart
  • Simple Retrospective
  • SWOT

templates.png

We will be adding even more interesting templates very soon!

Azzy Gorath April 19, 2021

Thank you for the reply. I have seen all of those templates.  They look good.

I guess my thrust is this... It would be a pity to reinvent the wheel. It would be great to have some conversation mechanism between existing structures and this Jira Whiteboard data structure. There are simply too many templates in Miro, for example, to convert them on and ad-hoc basis (in my opinion).

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

Would a visual miro integration into Jira do the job for you, @Azzy Gorath

Seems like the Spartez team are already doing an excellent job, but an integration between the two whiteboard solutions seems huge.

Azzy Gorath April 19, 2021

That would have been my go to and I did try that but I have a constraint that disallows Miro for various reasons, both technical and business. Eg. Websockets are disabled in your domain

Good suggestion though.

I agree it's an ask! However if the format could be "synchronised", especially as an upfront consideration before there's to much divergence, the benefits of reuse of the huge repository of existing Miro templates could be a really selling point IMO.

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

You do have a point, there are large volumes of current Miro customers and the friction of abandoning existing templates is very high.

Like Michael Menz likes this
Steven Rhodes July 25, 2022

Also evaluating Whiteboard and have an existing pile of Miro diagrams that would need migrating. Smaply, LucidSpark and Figma can all import Miro diagrams so its not impossible.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events