I want to hide a label in my release notes if there is no value in the field relating to it.

Karen Wekwerth March 26, 2023

I have a custom field that I'm using in a template in automated release notes.  Often there is no value but I still have a label for it.  I want to hide the label if there is no value.  This is how my report is set up in the layout tab of the Edit JQL Section.  Can I hide "Configuration Required" when {requires_configuration(customfield_11134)} has no value?

ARN Hide field.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sujeet Pathak March 26, 2023

Hi @Karen Wekwerth, thanks for reaching out.

I am Sujeet from the team at Amoeboids that manages this Jira add-on Automated release notes for Jira. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. The label will stay even when the value of the corresponding Jira field is empty for a particular Jira issue. We are adding this feature request to our backlog and we will look into the possibilities when we plan our releases for next quarter.

Do contact us through our support channel here if you have any queries, doubts, or issues. We will be happy to help.

Best,
Sujeet 

Thanks Sujeet

0 votes
Teresa
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2023

I think you can hide "Configuration Required".

You can try this template, hope it works for you.

"{if requires_configuration(customfield_11134)}
Configuration Required: {customfield_11134}
{endif}"

Thanks Teresa.  I had something like this but I get the error.

ARN Hide field2.png

Teresa
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

It looks like there might be a problem with the "requires_configuration" function

Karen Wekwerth May 10, 2023

Thanks Teresa.  The requires_configuration is a custom field rather than a function. I had a response that said what I'm trying to do isn't possible at the moment.

Like Teresa likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events