How we check in which project JIRA charting plugin used?

Sai Gangadhar September 29, 2021

Hi All,

I've to check which projects are using JIRA charting plugin in JIRA instance. Cause of there are hundreds of projects are there in my work instance. I want to check which projects are used this plugin.

Can someone please help me with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

The charting app does not work within projects, there's no direct relationship between a chart and a project.

Why are you asking though?  I can't think of any use for knowing who is using it in specfic places.

Bonnie Lopes March 15, 2023

If trying to identify where in our Jira Server instance these charts have been used on dashboards, so we can alert users, these charts will no longer be available when we migrate to cloud and they will need to re-do them using an alternate plug-in.

Is there a way to query for these charts use within our Jira server instance?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2023

No, there's no way to do it without something like Scriptrunner, which can reach into the API.

I wouldn't bother though.  I would simply warn ALL of your users - many of them are going to be using the charts on shared dashboards that they do not own and need to know that they are going away as well, even when they've not used them on their own dashboards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events